WEIGHT LOSS TIPS
Here we have put together a list of 20 weight loss tips that you may have never thought of. Have a read through the list and see if you are doing everything you can to get where you want to be.
- Use incidental exercise throughout the day to give you that extra edge e.g park far away from the shops so you have to walk or take the stairs instead of the lift.
- Drink a glass of water before a meal. It will fill you up quicker.
- Eat healthy meals and snacks every few hours. Try have 6 meals a day.
- Skipping meals can cause your body to go into a fat-storing starvation mode, making it harder to burn calories.
- Don’t confuse thirst with hunger. Drink a glass of water when you feel hungry to see if that’s what you’re really craving.
- Never eat any snack food out of the box, carton or bag it came in. You’re less likely to overeat if you separate snacks into appropriate fist-sized servings.
- Things like green tea and chili peppers help speed up your metabolism
- Make sure you are sleeping properly. Sleep deprivation alters levels of hormones in the body that regulate hunger, causing an increase in appetite.
- Muscle burns at least 4 times as many calories as fat does so make sure you do some weight training to increase your muscle mass.
- A lot of people are emotional eaters. Find out what your triggers are and learn how to handle them.
- People who eat breakfast have a better shot at losing and maintaining weight loss. Your body needs the fuel to function properly and to kick start your metabolism.
- Don’t go by what the scales say. The best way to keep track of your progress is to use measurements. Don’t forget muscle weighs more than fat.
- Make sure you check food labels and avoid anything with more than 4 grams of sugar, especially high-fructose corn syrup, per serving.
- Carry around a healthy snack with you so you don’t go and buy something full of sugar.
- Avocados are great in aiding fat loss. They are both high in fibre and healthy fats.
- Keeping a food diary keeps you accountable. Write down everything you eat and drink. Most importantly be honest with it. You would only be cheating yourself.
- Control your portion size. Make sure there is still room on your plate. Don’t over eat.
- Stay away from fad diets. They don’t work. Just look at eating clean and healthy foods.
- Make sure you keep changing your workout. Your body adapts to it very quickly which means you won’t be getting as much out of it.
- Eat citrus every day. Vitamin C inhibits the production of cortisol, a hormone that essentially tells your body, ‘Store fat.’ Eat grapefruit slices with breakfast.”